Physical copies of Hard Skool available for pre-order

1 minute ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Why do you feel the need to argue Axl lied about singing the bridge? This makes no sense whatsoever. You could make the argument he didn't finish the entire song and only completed certain parts (this would still be unsubstantiated) but saying he lied about singing a bridge is completely asinine.

Ok maybe he didn't lie.

If it's as good or as 'mean' as he says, he'll release it at some point won't he (lol).

However you want to spin it, I'm saying he hasn't recorded usable vocals for a song going by any of the following names:

• Me and My Elvis
  • Soulmonster
  • Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul
Edited by Pele

2 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Actually, Beltrami said they had no vocals when he worked on them in 2003.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/film-composer-talks-about-his-work-on-guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy/

""That was sort of just work for hire," Beltrami explained. "I guess they'd heard some of my orchestral music of mine. I met with Axl [Rose] and he played me these songs, asked me my ideas about them, and I told him what I thought they needed. They gave me four songs to orchestrate. A couple of them I did more than orchestrating, I actually wrote some melodies and stuff. It was a fun project. I really enjoyed it. The music was eclectic and at the time that I was doing it there were no lyrics on the songs that I was working on. People ask me about the album and I really have no idea about the release. I thought it was coming out last September. I'm the wrong person to ask about that."

I stand corrected. Thanks @ShadowOfTheWave. But we know the General has VOCALS. Axl himself said in 2006 that 26 of 32 songs were done or nearly done. In the 2008 chats he talked about recording the VOCALS for Soul Monster. The guy who hung out with Axl in 2003 heard Cuban Skies with VOCALS. This idea that no vocals were recorded past 1999 is preposterous. 

6 minutes ago, Pele said:

Ok maybe he didn't lie.

If it's as good or as 'mean' as he says, he'll release it at some point won't he (lol).

However you want to spin it, I'm saying he hasn't recorded usable vocals for a song going by any of the following names:

• Me and My Elvis
  • Soulmonster
  • Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul

But they are all the same song

7 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

I stand corrected. Thanks @ShadowOfTheWave. But we know the General has VOCALS. Axl himself said in 2006 that 26 of 32 songs were done or nearly done. In the 2008 chats he talked about recording the VOCALS for Soul Monster. The guy who hung out with Axl in 2003 heard Cuban Skies with VOCALS. This idea that no vocals were recorded past 1999 is preposterous. 

You see, this is wrong.

The guy who claims he heard Cuban Skies only heard an instrumental.  He said so in the post.  He said Axl said it was about cigars buy he only heard instrumental.

Just like Oklahoma.  Axl might say it was about the bombing, and he may have a verse or two, but it's an instrumental.  To this day. (IMO)

Stop saying "Axl said himself".  Axl said himself Chinese was going to be a trilogy of releases about 20 years ago.  About 15 years ago, that had completely been abandoned, the songwriting had completely finished and they cobbled together what they had for Chinese, leaving about 4-5 which we are starting to get now.

Edited by Pele

5 minutes ago, Pele said:

You see, this is wrong.

The guy who claims he heard Cuban Skies only heard an instrumental.  He said so in the post.  He said Axl said it was about cigars buy he only heard instrumental.

Just like Oklahoma.  Axl might say it was about the bombing, and he may have a verse or two, but it's an instrumental.  To this day. (IMO)

Stop saying "Axl said himself".  Axl said himself Chinese was going to be a trilogy of releases about 20 years ago.  About 15 years ago, that had completely been abandoned, the songwriting had completely finished and they cobbled together what they had for Chinese, leaving about 4-5 which we are starting to get now.

That's just bullshit mate mainly because songs like better was wrote after 1999 the general has vocals and soul monster vocals axl said we're recorded Christmas eve 2004 also the absurd vocals I think were done in 2000 but I'm not 100% sure on that and going down was wrote around 2005/2006 with axl backing vocals 

1 minute ago, kingcanyon said:

That's just bullshit mate mainly because songs like better was wrote after 1999 the general has vocals and soul monster vocals axl said we're recorded Christmas eve 2004 also the absurd vocals I think were done in 2000 but I'm not 100% sure on that and going down was wrote around 2005/2006 with axl backing vocals 

Going Down and Better were on the 99 tapes.  He added vocals around 05.

57 minutes ago, Pele said:

You see, this is wrong.

so you telling me that Axl didn't  record any new vocals at Slash home  studio in spring 2019'?

I was tempted to buy the cd, but when I saw it wouldn't ship until late February (5 months from now) I figured fuck this shit. Not going to support such levels of unprepared amateurism. It's not like there wasn't any time to set this up either. The price seemed fair and even thought the shipping costs are more than the price itself that wasn't a dealbreaker. But these shipping times are. I'll reconsider it in February. 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, username said:

I was tempted to buy the cd, but when I saw it wouldn't ship until late February (5 months from now) I figured fuck this shit. Not going to support such levels of unprepared amateurism. It's not like there wasn't any time to set this up either. The price seemed fair and even thought the shipping costs are more than the price itself that wasn't a dealbreaker. But these shipping times are. I'll reconsider it in February. 

Shipping delays for physical media are unfortunately industry wide as supply chains are messed up. This has nothing to do with preparedness. Most vinyl releases are a year out

19 hours ago, Pele said:

You're part of the problem.

Pay them for this crap, and that;s the reason why the next release in about 3 years will be Atlas and Perhaps with Rose's 99 vocals pasted over Slash instead of a real album that he actually goes into a studio and sings on.

And they'll charge you and promise to ship it in 6 months.

You can bet your bottom dollar we'll be getting posts in Feb saying there is no sign of these CDs actually being delivered.

I suspect if Axl hasn’t recorded a single vocal in 22 years, then he’s probably not going to be too fussed to just because an individual on this forum bought a hard Skool cd…

13 hours ago, Pele said:

You see, this is wrong.

• The guy on that forum who claims he heard Cuban Skies never said one way or another whether it was an instrumental or had vocals.
  • Axl himself discussed the day he recorded some vocals for Soulmonster - it seems sensible to guess that has complete vocals but who knows, maybe it doesn't.
  • We also know The General has full vocals as we heard that cell phone clip.
  • We heard the state Better was in circa 2001 on the Village leaks and later heard it with vocals that sounded more like he did performing live in 2006
  • We have Shackler's Revenge with vocals and we know that in 2000 that was in a state of just being a sketch of an idea
  • We have Sorry with vocals and we know in 2000 that was instrumental
  • We also have Scraped, where all info on that is kind of unknown time wise
  • We also have all the overdubs that were added to the CD songs that weren't on the earlier leaks we now have
  • He recorded parts on Bach's record in 2007
  • We have members on the record as late as 2014 saying Axl was in the studio recording vocals
  • We know he recorded vocals for that Loony Tunes song at some point post reunion
  • People on the record have said he had a big mental block in to overcome in that 97-01 period in terms of singing and so he may have only sung in the studio infrequently. Post 01-02, he's done a bunch of live shows and he did more in 06/07, something which probably got him over the anxiety he felt about singing meaning he may have been more frequently laying down vocals in the studio after the 01/02 tour.

Taking all of that into account... it seems really really stupid to assume that between 01-Today that he barely recorded any vocals for any songs. All signs point to him doing it loads of times.

Why he chooses to use vocals takes from the 98-01 period? No idea, he's the artist maybe he's happy with them and doesn't feel they need redone.

Stop spreading your nonsense. You know nothing exclusive, have no insider information and all your guesses fly in the face of all the above evidence.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, Axl S said:
  • The guy on that forum who claims he heard Cuban Skies never said one way or another whether it was an instrumental or had vocals.
  • Axl himself discussed the day he recorded some vocals for Soulmonster - it seems sensible to guess that has complete vocals but who knows, maybe it doesn't.
  • We heard the state Better was in circa 2001 on the Village leaks and later heard it with vocals that sounded more like he did performing live in 2006
  • We have Shackler's Revenge with vocals and we know that in 2000 that was in a state of just being a sketch of an idea
  • We also have all the overdubs that were added to the CD songs that weren't on the earlier leaks we now have
  • We have members on the record as late as 2014 saying Axl was in the studio recording vocals
  • We know he recorded vocals for that Loony Tunes song at some point post reunion
  • People on the record have said he had a big mental block in to overcome in that 97-01 period in terms of singing and so he may have only sung in the studio infrequently. Post 01-02, he's done a bunch of live shows and he did more in 06/07, something which probably got him over the anxiety he felt about singing meaning he may have been more frequently laying down vocals in the studio after the 01/02 tour.

Taking all of that into account... it seems really really stupid to assume that between 01-Today that he barely recorded any vocals for any songs. All signs point to him doing it loads of times.

Why he chooses to use vocals takes from the 98-01 period? No idea, he's the artist maybe he's happy with them and doesn't feel they need redone.

Stop spreading your nonsense. You know nothing exclusive, have no insider information and all your guesses fly in the face of all the above evidence.

that's what i was thinking i tought axl also said he was recording vocals in 2001

58 minutes ago, Axl S said:

The guy on the forum categorically stated he didn't hear vocals on Cuban Skies.

We know Scraped/General/TIL remix/Better/General vocals were recorded later than the Village Sessions - I've never said otherwise.

You say "it seems really really stupid to assume that between 01-Today that he barely recorded any vocals for any songs" and list backing vocals and a cartoon song written by somebody else as evidence.  

We are talking 21 years here.  Of course he has done some sporadic recording.

"Why he chooses to use vocals takes from the 98-01 period? No idea, he's the artist maybe he's happy with them and doesn't feel they need redone."

Stockholm Syndrome again.  Are you that utterly gullible to believe he has vocals for Soulmonster, Seven, Zodiac, D-Tune, Leave Me Alone, Quick Song, Berlin, Cuban Skies, PRL, Monstrosirty, The Rebel etc etc. 

Serious question - how many years go by of not hearing any of these (whilst maybe hearing reworked Atlas/reworked Perhaps etc) will you start to realize they don't exist?