Axl spoke & sang at Lisa Marie Presleys memorial (small interview pg 5)

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Right. Totally weird him being nervous talking at a funeral, where he was unsure if he even had the right to be there and speak. :rolleyes: After all it's the same like speaking at a concert, right? :facepalm:

Do you always have to be so insulting? Especially in threads about death, of all things?

4 minutes ago, Debt said:

Where is Allwaystired to tell us how bad his voice sounds? I bet Axl will get crucified for this video. The whole world will see this video. Dear lord.

He sounded fine. It was only the first few seconds that were rough (understandably so).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mystery said:

Axl looks great in those pictures. This is me speculating but I wonder if it hits him a bit harder as someone who's had issues with his health and seemed to look notably healthier in the past year? She was 6 years younger than him and died of cardiac arrest.

She was a long time drug abuser, the toxicology is not back yet, but it all but guaranteed to show opioids and years of abuse killed her.  Very similar to the damage Scott Wieland did to himself over years

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Axl looks and sounds great. I've been very negative with GNR for a long time now, and fairly so, but seeing him play at a funeral makes me grateful that he's still around and GNR still exists in some form. 

Exactly. To many acts already gone or disbanded to constantly nitpick every single thing about them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

He sounded fine. It was only the first few seconds that were rough (understandably so).

I think she was being sarcastic because allwaystired is always pointing out the negative parts regarding Axl and GnR.

Anyway, good for Axl and the other artists to honour their friend this way.

• Like 4

This was a beautiful service, and such a lovely way to honor her. It was obvious he was nervous and mourning so I don't feel critiques on the performance are appropriate at this time. Funerals are one of the hardest things to go through, and I hope all her loved ones are able to find peace. My heart is especially with her two children and her mother. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, axlinkafayette said:

She was a long time drug abuser, the toxicology is not back yet, but it all but guaranteed to show opioids and years of abuse killed her.  Very similar to the damage Scott Wieland did to himself over years

This kind of underscores how remarkable it is that the classic members of Guns N' Roses are still alive and even the members that came after.

• Like 4