08/19/21 - Los Angeles, CA - Banc of California Stadium

alfierose

Just now, MaskingApathy said:

What did you think of Dirty Honey?

Dude they were great!  Energetic show and the singer had a really impressive range. Funnily enough he cited Slash's influence on them as they bust into "Last Child" by Aerosmith

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

13 years without anything new, and to get 2 songs within weeks seems highly unlikely. However some of the guesstimations (new word) on here has made me think its possible. Current mood, excited. 

Dirty Honey's music any good? Suggestions of their best songs? 

They are solid!  California Dreamin' off their latest full album is a tune I would say is representative of their vibe overall

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Dude they were great!  Energetic show and the singer had a really impressive range. Funnily enough he cited Slash's influence on them as they bust into "Last Child" by Aerosmith

Yeah he tells that story every time they play Last Child. They've been really solid on this tour.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, surforia said:

Just got back from the show.  I was down in the pit on Slash’s side.  It rocked.  They looked like they were having a blast too.  I don’t know if it just sounds so much better in person, but Ax delivered a very strong performance.  There were definitely flashes of rasp - even at the end of patience.  

Absurd sounded f’n sick live-they use those effects on his voice and it sounded trippy hearing it.  There’s no doubt that the verses definitely sound better live without the accelerated “screaming fucking banshee” that sounds copied and pasted too early.   The slash absurd solos (and Richard’s too) absolutely slayed.  The song really has a great punk vibe to it, and it gives me similar feels to when I saw them play Down on the Farm in Baltimore’06.  

Maddy was a nice surprise.  They had a whole lyric video for the song playing behind them that really kicked in during the movie quotes-I was surprised to see that they had a full video treatment for a song that they barely play, but it was really great.  It makes you wonder if they have other video treatments for songs they haven’t played on this leg yet.

Overall, I’m so glad I went.  They seem like they are really cohesive as a band, and the absurd, maddy and seeker additions are a good sign that they are having fun, that Axl is loosening up a bit with the setlist and that there is hope there are more surprises coming. 

One thing is for sure, we all are so fast to slam the band and their performances....... but from my own experience over the years, as well as talking to others, seeing posts on here. There is no doubt that fans absolutely love it when they are there in person.

Glad you had a blast dude. How was the rest of the crowd?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hudsonsaul said:

One thing is for sure, we all are so fast to slam the band and their performances....... but from my own experience over the years, as well as talking to others, seeing posts on here. There is no doubt that fans absolutely love it when they are there in person.

Glad you had a blast dude. How was the rest of the crowd?

Crowd was great around me.  At one point the moon was up over the open air stadium and Axl commented that Jupiter was also out (he made a joke about giving the crowd an astronomy lesson).  Beautiful clear night.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

They are solid!  California Dreamin' off their latest full album is a tune I would say is representative of their vibe overall

Awesome thanks for that, I love discovering new music. Just heard above recommendation + Rollin 7's...... really good. And perfect openers for Black Crows 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Homefuck said:

Can somebody give me some context on this? What's the deal with that White bass?

an Argentian woman who builds basses built a bass guitar especially for Duff and it took her a year to do it. She attended this show and Duff played her bass tonight as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Rovim said:

the Madagascar performance from this show is now available to watch on Youtube

I was at work at time on concert so watched only few songs, and unaware they played this. Wow, this is amazing, definitely highlight of the tour so far, for me. Madagascar is the pinnacle of the many highlights of the CD era for me, and the most grandeur moment of the period. Simply overjoyed its being played on this tour. Hope its a regular going forward. 

• GNFNR 1

I watched quite a bit of the streams and thought it sounded pretty good but just to throw it out there..I met up with a buddy (he’s in his 50s) at a bar about 2 hours ago here in LA and he was at the show. His review wasn’t exactly complimentary for GNR. He had seen them before in 91 and at Universal In 2006 and left tonight before the encore. In his opinion Axl can’t sing anymore and is probably wearing a girdle..he thought Wolfgang’s band sounded much better. It made me kinda wonder if we’re all grading on a curve but either way I figured I’d pass it along. 

• ABSUЯD 1

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

an Argentian woman who builds basses built a bass guitar especially for Duff and it took her a year to do it. She attended this show and Duff played her bass tonight as well.

the whole story is unbelievably cool all around. Duff got that bass the morning of the show (as per is IG) .  so cool his techs had it ready to go so he could play it on the night she was there.  hope she met him

• Like 2