Hard Skool is coming!

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I don't think he doesn't want to play it, but he just can't operate under pressure; it probably makes it worse for him, especially if he's nervous about playing it (although he wants to).

Agreed. Part of me even thinks that the song may have been released had that chick not posted the story which was quickly emblazoned all over the net. Axl operates on his own schedule and does not like performing to a schedule or under pressure in my view. Shit I also think that’s why there were so many late starts to the shows in the early 90’s

58 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Agreed. Part of me even thinks that the song may have been released had that chick not posted the story which was quickly emblazoned all over the net. Axl operates on his own schedule and does not like performing to a schedule or under pressure in my view. Shit I also think that’s why there were so many late starts to the shows in the early 90’s

If he didn't want to talk about it with her, he wouldn't have. In fact, he wouldn't have invited her backstage. It's all a bit suspicious. On a gig, he doesn't play one note for some guy from Iowa, I get that, but on the other hand, he can't completely disregard the existence of the internet and not be aware of the fact that given GNR's sparse release history, these things may cause various shitstorms online. I don't think there's any huge pressure on him in this sense. Or let's say there's a pressure at every gig, regarding potential new songs or changes in the playlist etc. Nothing new to him. I definitely don't think they were gonna release HS and some backstage chick story threw a wrench in the gears - that's just far-fetched. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 3

I think, if she told the truth and everything what she said really happened, then we're getting HS sooner than later.

If all that was just made up, than I believe they'll debut it during the next leg. The song's definitely there and ready to go.

I honestly don't believe she didn't tell the truth because it would be easy for Axl to twitter that it didn't happen. Maybe they're waiting for the vinyl industrie to get a go... who knows...

I don't believe she made it up and I don't believe Axl or TB didn't realize chances were it would get out. They know how things work. Even if she hadn't posted about it openly, she might have told a friend, and then another and then someone would like to feel important and tell the story. That's just how the internet works, and the GNR fan world.

Maybe they hoped to debut it in Chicago and the little buzz it created on various news outlets around the world last week was always a good thing.

But then Axl got sick and the moment passed again.

I think it's a missed opportunity. GNR rarely is in the news here, but last week you had the HS thing together with the UYI anniversary which got quite a bit of attention, but it's a new week now, and the rest of the world is onto sth else by now. Pity.

After Absurd I was awaiting an imminent release of HS and even the new album :lol: But now I'm not expecting HS in these last shows anymore. Hopefully Europe next summer.

The cancelation of the NZ leg would definitely be grim news. That would be the obvious time to plan a release for them, a couple months after Absurd, and I do think they'll want to ride that wave as it's happening and not release it and wait like 8 months until they play it for the first time in the EU 2022 leg. Watch this thread become 100 pages before it's coming

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The cancelation of the NZ leg would definitely be grim news. That would be the obvious time to plan a release for them, a couple months after Absurd, and I do think they'll want to ride that wave as it's happening and not release it and wait like 8 months until they play it for the first time in the EU 2022 leg. Watch this thread become 100 pages before it's coming

Only 100 pages?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, betterman said:

Hopefully its just the vinyl plant delay, they want fans to have an option to buy something new and not something that has been out digitally for weeks.

Theres the excuse of the vinyl plants being the problem but hey, every other band is releasing vinyl right now lol

Duff himself played on the new Jerry Cantrell album that just got released.

Maybe Duff should ask Jerry about his mysterious and sacred vinyl plant.

Edited by default_

9 hours ago, Towelie said:

When did it become a rule that Guns can only release music when they're on the road?

When they became more concerned with whatever might sell more tickets as opposed to what might move their artistic legacy forward. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

On 9/18/2021 at 10:22 PM, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

I'm curious to hear how different Hard Skool sounds from the full song leak.  From what I understand, the full leak sounds like an incomplete song, almost like a song concept or demo. 

It's a rough mix, other than that, I believe (at the time) it just needed a final mix and master. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, default_ said:

Theres the excuse of the vinyl plants being the problem but hey, every other band is releasing vinyl right now lol

Duff himself played on the new Jerry Cantrell album that just got released.

Maybe Duff should ask Jerry about his mysterious and sacred vinyl plant.

Well, it’s Guns, you know? They’re not to blame, though. Whether it’s the PA, in-ear monitors, curfew, the management didn’t manage to secure rights for some footage, the vinyl company has problems, there’s Covid, and if not, other things are happening in the world right now, and there’s always the trouble as to how to release an album at all these days, since no other artists seem to be able to do so, especially in the Covid era. And all we ungrateful pricks do is complain, complain, complain! 

• GNFNR 1

The last 4 Guns N' Roses records were all released while the band wasn't on the road so I don't think that would stop them necessarily... But then again things point to the possibility of the record being supposed to get released in 2020 but plans changed because if COVID so who knows :shrugs:

10 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

The last 4 Guns N' Roses records were all released while the band wasn't on the road so I don't think that would stop them necessarily... But then again things point to the possibility of the record being supposed to get released in 2020 but plans changed because if COVID so who knows :shrugs:

AfD, Lies, and UYI were all released with the band being on the tour, only there usually was about a few-week pause. 

Not that it matters in this case. 

Edited by jamillos

38 minutes ago, jamillos said:

AfD, Lies, and UYI were all released with the band being on the tour, only there usually was about a few-week pause. 

Not that it matters in this case. 

UYI were released in September and the tour started again in December, I know that there is a bigger paus in the tour between the last October dates and the EU tour next year but I wouldn't really say they were on the road when the Illusions were released.

But like you said it doesn't really matter. Back then they were a band that released albums and promoted them by touring, now they are a band that tours for the sake of touring.

• Like 2

Based on nothing, I think we'll see Hard Skool with a somewhat near future 7" vinyl release with Absurd. If they have an album laying around... it could/would be promoted as 2 tracks off the upcoming album slated for Summer 2022(or whenever?). Now, they could slap something random on the other side of Absurd like a graphic or live track, but it seems reasonable to do Hard Skool/Absurd as a 7" single.

As a band, if that is what they have laying around, they are probably not in a big hurry to let that known. Dropping when they feel like it makes the most sense for future plans is clearly the way to go. Sound checking a song and a fan supposedly hearing it from Axl doesn't mean anything as far as us seeing it this calendar year. Wouldnt it logically make sense to drop it before the start of a new tour run after covid clears up some? 

I definitely think it's time for us all to take a deep breath and not expect anything until 2022. 

Edited by Ak1nney
  • Sad 1