Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

1 hour ago, betterman said:

#26 on the official radio rock charts for US and climbing.

Shadow of your love peaked at#5

Is that Billboard or what? I tried to access their chart and it appears they may be charging for info now. 

Anyways some other radio charts about the opening week for the song:

#30 on IHeartRadio Active Rock List:

https://news.iheart.com/featured/charts/active-rock/

#24 on Mediabase Active Rock List:

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/allaboutcountry/Charts.asp?format=R2R

Edit: Actually it appears you can access the Billboard Mainstream Rock chart from the below link. HS is at #29 on that for its first week:

1AC38759-8364-4EF4-B68B-515AD3BB048D.jpeg

Edited by Martin Riggs
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

on my german local radio station, the host said Guns N' Roses released a new single and they played "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" :facepalm:

I heard it on 'Rock Antene'. They said they were sceptical when Slash announced months ago that GNR are working on new music but then they mentioned the release of Absurd, even teased it for a few seconds, before airing HS.

Who here updated Wikipedia to make it look like Hard Skool is an EP?

The 12-inch WttJ maxi single had four tracks too (three of them live tracks). Was that really an EP all this time also?

I get that HardSkool has a bunch of merch around it and whatnot, but still…

Edited by rocknroll41

6 hours ago, Jw224 said:

I don't think people use the term maxi single anymore tbh. 

Were the old maxi singles sold exclusively in certain regions (like “US only” or whatever)? Whereas this new release can be ordered by anyone all over the world, right?

Maybe that’s why this one counts as an EP and the others don’t?

21 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Okay I understand it now.

On the cassette format, both HardSkool and Absurd are on Side A, rather than Absurd being on Side B with the live tracks.

Thats why this counts as an EP instead of a maxi-single. Same situation as Nirvana’s Blew EP, actually.

Or it's more convenient to have two songs on every side. Play two songs, flip side, play the other two songs with little or no FF/RW.

51 minutes ago, drlaban said:

Or it's more convenient to have two songs on every side. Play two songs, flip side, play the other two songs with little or no FF/RW.

That too, yeah.

EDIT: Just went thru the band’s single discography and it looks like the only maxi singles which had more than one track on the a-side were WttJ (with the live version of Whole Lotta Rosie on the a-side) and SCOM (with MttC on the a-side), whereas HardSkool is two new studio tracks on on the a-side that aren’t tied to different albums (or any album, as far as we know). So I guess that’s the distinction. Again, Nirvana’s Blew EP had two tracks from the Bleach album both on the a-side yet the release wasn’t labeled as a split single or anything, so a similar scenario, I guess (shrugs).

Edited by rocknroll41

21 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

That's the problem with wikipedia, anyone can input useless shit. Have you seen Absurd on wiki? I had my fun removing the "Alternative Nation's Brett Buchanan" line on the page and the clickbate fucker keeps putting it back as if he's a credible writer. :lol:

You're doing God's work.

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

That's the problem with wikipedia, anyone can input useless shit. Have you seen Absurd on wiki? I had my fun removing the "Alternative Nation's Brett Buchanan" line on the page and the clickbate fucker keeps putting it back as if he's a credible writer. :lol:

Wow that's pathetic. I'm gonna check by every now and again to remove that shit too

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure if this was intentional or not, but it’s kinda interesting how the four tracks on this EP are sorta like a retrospective of all the different GnR eras.

Hard Skool - most people see this song as new

Absurd - a bunch of people probably recognize this as Silkworms from Rock in Rio 3

Dont Cry (Live) - represents UYI

Youre Crazy (Live) - represents AFD/Lies

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

On 10/1/2021 at 12:37 AM, GoForJMark said:

I like to think that Axl's infamous "he's a cancer" line was actually about Brett Buchanan.

• Haha 2