2023 WORLD TOUR

21 minutes ago, Rovim said:

not a fan of even their classic albums? Kiss Alive? to each his own, but I think they had the ability to come up with great tunes, the image was unique for its time, and they were an influential band. 

all 4 original members don't seem to have the best personalities, but so many classic tunes, riffs, and solos imo.

I'm just familiar with their hits. But their whole shtick seems so fake and un-rock n roll to me. Was never really my cup of tea.

27 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Sounds like something someone that cant rock n roll all night, and party every day would say. 

i might be able to pull of the former, but too lazy for the latter.

4 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Kiss is one of the biggest jokes in rock history.

Not to me. Their influence is massive....Slash himself says Kiss were one of his biggest influences in his book. 

4 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

Last year I think Slash had reached his limit for going through the motions on the same songs over and over but still needed that cash. His playing was like a cry for help.

He just looks so bored and lifeless. When you see him play elsewhere (SMKC etc) it seems like a different guy. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

I get people that say and think this, but I think that, in the prime, few bands had a run like they did. Those first 7 albums + Alive were massive.

7 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Their bad albums greatly outnumber their good albums, but they had a solid run in the mid 70's with a succession of really good records:

Alive ! (75)

Destroyer (76)

Rock And Roll Over (76)

Love Gun (77)

Alive II (77)

After Ace and Peter left for good in the early 2000's, they should have dropped the makeup. I think it's sad that you have two pretty good musicians that pretend to be Spaceman and Catman because Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons believe continuing to wear the makeup makes them the most money.

2 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

And yet hugely influential.

They had some half decent tunes, but it's hard to take them seriously as a band, rather than a brand. 

Guns N' Roses are without question a brand.

Once you go all-in on merchandising, you're not a band as much as you are a business.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

After Ace and Peter left for good in the early 2000's, they should have dropped the makeup. I think it's sad that you have two pretty good musicians that pretend to be Spaceman and Catman because Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons believe continuing to wear the makeup makes them the most money.

the makeup is a pretty important part of their image, which is a part of the overall Kiss experience. I think it was smart to keep it, even if there was backlash.

• Like 1

Paul Stanley has been criticized in recent years for lip syncing. Credit where it's due, despite differing opinions on Axl's vocal chops over recent years, he has never resorted to lip syncing to cover any flaws. That said, Paul has a good 10 years on him so there's still time! :lol:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Their bad albums greatly outnumber their good albums, but they had a solid run in the mid 70's with a succession of really good records:

Alive ! (75)

Destroyer (76)

Rock And Roll Over (76)

Love Gun (77)

Alive II (77)

They're right though aren't they in terms of the makeup? It does make them the most money. It's pretty iconic. 

I really liked their two most recent albums a lot. Nothing new, sure, but in terms of big choruses, guitar solos and generally enjoyable bombast, they're great in my book. 

13 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Kiss are better live than GnR. you say GnR are just live rock n roll, but they're charging $200 for tickets, playing in stadiums and offering very little actual rock n roll. Continue to defend the indefensible and sadly we'll continue to get these half arsed cheap shows. GnR can play ampitheatres or clubs if they want to be live raw rock n roll and 'Punk as fuck' but in a stadium you give a stadium show. Not a blown up club show with diminishing vocals and efforts. 

Lmao

I thought you were being serious at first.  My bad for not realizing you were being sarcastic this whole time.  That was a good one tho 

9 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

And yet hugely influential.

They had some half decent tunes, but it's hard to take them seriously as a band, rather than a brand. 

Massively influential to rock, hard rock, metal, and even death metal bands. They've had good albums and songs throughout their history and are open about being a brand as much as a band. I say that while not even being that into them.

Guns N' Roses is more jarring because they've become such a bland corporate brand which clashes with their classic years. You see it with their social media posts which seem designed to appeal to everyone because they're really a family friendly band now.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mystery said:

Massively influential to rock, hard rock, metal, and even death metal bands. They've had good albums and songs throughout their history and are open about being a brand as much as a band. I say that while not even being that into them.

Guns N' Roses is more jarring because they've become such a bland corporate brand which clashes with their classic years. You see it with their social media posts which seem designed to appeal to everyone because they're really a family friendly band now.

It's natural that Guns N'Roses are Family Friendly now. The Majority of the GNR Members are in their late 50's and 60's. It would be SAD to see a bunch of late 50's and early 60's being the Hellions of their 20's and early 30's. Melissa is the only one who in her early 30's is the only one who could still act  like a Hellion but it would look weird considering all of her Coworkers are in their late 50's and early 60's. I doubt they'd be okay with Melissa being a Hellion and she doesn't seem like she'd be into being a Hellion either. 

• Like 2

GnR is possibly playing this Powertrip festival in California in October. Metallica just teased something about them playing as well. Iron Maiden and Ozzy have posted the same video as Metallica. So that's 3/6 rumored acts. AC/DC and tool are rumored as well since they also shared the video. So if Gn'R is the rumored sixth act,they have yet to share the video. If they do,I could see the days being:

Ozzy/Metallica

GnR/tool

AC/DC/Iron Maiden.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/metallica-iron-maiden-and-ozzy-osbourne-are-rumored-headliners-of-this-years-power-trip-festival

https://inforoo.com/thread/36173/power-trip-2023?page=6

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 2

On 3/9/2023 at 7:13 PM, JaxTeller said:

Just got my ticket for Athens. 27 y/old , never got the chance to see them live. A dream comes true , I 'll see my childhood idols and heroes live. 

Basically, my best friends got me the ticket as a bday present. Cried like a child all day. 

Love your brothers 

See you in Athens.

Im happy for you! have a great time :headbang:

5 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

still no openers announced? first show of the tour is just over 2 months away ffs lol

It's possible that there will be NO Openers. The Rolling Stones had a recent Show where there were no Openers,just the Rolling Stones. It's possible that the GNR 2023 World Tour won't have any Openers either. 🤷‍♀️

On 3/28/2023 at 1:07 PM, Subtle Signs said:

GnR is possibly playing this Powertrip festival in California in October. Metallica just teased something about them playing as well. Iron Maiden and Ozzy have posted the same video as Metallica. So that's 3/6 rumored acts. AC/DC and tool are rumored as well since they also shared the video. So if Gn'R is the rumored sixth act,they have yet to share the video. If they do,I could see the days being:

Ozzy/Metallica

GnR/tool

AC/DC/Iron Maiden.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/metallica-iron-maiden-and-ozzy-osbourne-are-rumored-headliners-of-this-years-power-trip-festival

https://inforoo.com/thread/36173/power-trip-2023?page=6

GnR just shared a video for it too.