Richard Fortus interview (St. Louis Public Radio)

What's funny is that the interviewer was seemingly still talking about the "EP" when she asked about the "album" (not being informed about the February physical release), but Richard probably understood that she was asking about the actual album, and he gave these awkward answers because he is not allowed to talk about it.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Audio and article (talks mainly about the forthcoming reunion gig of his old band, Pale Divine);

https://news.stlpublicradio.org/show/st-louis-on-the-air/2021-12-20/guns-n-roses-guitarist-richard-fortus-anticipates-st-louis-reunion-with-pale-divine

Transcript of the GnR related part (9:45 minute mark):

[Hard Skool is played]

Interviewer: And that is the title track to a forthcoming Guns N’ Roses EP, Hard Skool. That song sounds great!

Richard: Yeah.

Interviewer: Yeah!

Richard: Yeah. I think it sounds good, too.

Interviewer: So, did you guys put this album together in the middle of the pandemic?

Richard: Um, a lot of it was done then, yeah.

Interviewer: Was that hard? I mean, were you trying to collaborate remotely?

Richard: Um… yeah. You know…

Interviewer: But it works.

Richard: Yeah, yeah.

Interviewer: I mean, is that part of that band for you? You guys are kind of used to putting things together remotely. You’re based here in St. Louis.

Richard: Um… yes and no. I mean, most of the stuff is done face to face. But yeah, since the pandemic…

Interviewer: Okay. Well, the album sounds great. When is that coming out?

Richard: Um… I do not know and I’m… yeah, that’s not something that I can…

Interviewer: (Laughs) Okay. When that album is ready to come out, that album will come out. It’s Hard Skool with a “k”.

Richard: Mmm-mmm.

Interviewer: I love that Guns N’ Roses is keeping that classic hard rock styling.

Richard: That’s right.

Fuck Richard must be the worst to interview. 

5 hours ago, alfierose said:

There's obviously a sliding scale of vagueness that must be applied depending on your position in GNR Inc and proximity to Axl. :lol:

Perhaps it works like military clearance?

He probably knows as much as we do. Then the stuff he does hear is irrelevant by the week’s end 

22 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

He probably knows as much as we do. Then the stuff he does hear is irrelevant by the week’s end 

I think Richard knows about the broad lines of the plan to release an album. Why so reserved if he doesn't know anything.

Wow, that is embarrassing! Richard has been in this band for 20 years. 20! And he either doesn’t know or isn’t able to talk about his work or his group in any meaningful way. Sad

At this point, no one cares about a new GNR album aside from this forum and a small collection of others. Face it, GNR won’t be culturally relevant, so let’s stop pretending it’s so fucking special 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I think Richard knows about the broad lines of the plan to release an album. Why so reserved if he doesn't know anything.

Those plans probably get changed constantly and most likely have been for his entire time in the band. It’s much better to say nothing than say where things lay this week 

Oh, did Richard Fortus do an interview where he said that the band has been working on new material, but he doesn't know when it might come out because plans are constantly changing, but they're working on it and he hopes it comes out soon?

I didn't actually read the OP, but I've read this story so many times before. 

56 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Those plans probably get changed constantly and most likely have been for his entire time in the band. It’s much better to say nothing than say where things lay this week 

Yeah because you just get a bunch of shit from the folks online.  :lol:  Let the "insiders" get that.

That's nice how he involves his kids.  Nice his wife loves him enough to say she wants his ass at home.

1 hour ago, guitarpatch said:

I think, regardless of what he knows, it's just that he isn't allowed to talk about it.

• Like 1