Do you like 'Absurd'?

Do you like 'Absurd'?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Pretty simple, do you like the 'new' song, 'Absurd'?

• Yes
    • No
    • Might grow on me
    • Not interested at all

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/14/2021 at 05:59 AM

Seemed fun. Those guys wrote a ton of hits so I think they know it’s not a mainstream thing haha but sometimes a band just needs a song to get them going or refresh their mindset. Even Axl commented afterwards how much fun it was. Old song, I’m sure Slash enjoyed it, great bass parts and Axl was able to sing it properly in his current vocal state 

• Like 4

I mean not really but voted it might grow on me.Trying to be optimistic a bigger ? to me is couldn’t this guys come up with something original after 5 years together.I dig hard school so hopefully they’ll play that.

I think I really missed my Chance. If I ever had a chance to be considered a valuable insider I could have posted a cryptic message saying that the first “new song” played in the reunion would be a reworked version of silkworms which wasn’t quite as okay as the original heard in 2001.

I thought that set list with absurd was fake. And I remain a no one. 

It’s just such a shitty move to debut that song from the vault. It’s like If CD was Use your Illusion 1 and we knew use your illusion 2 existed and some of it was supposed to be incredible and Axl was like I know what to play first -My World. Absurd (face it it’s fucking silkworms and it always will be just like Street of Dreams will always be The Blues) is the My World of the CD era. A complete piece of shit that never should have been recorded or played live. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

It’s just such a shitty move to debut that song from the vault. It’s like If CD was Use your Illusion 1 and we knew use your illusion 2 existed and some of it was supposed to be incredible and Axl was like I know what to play first -My World. Absurd (face it it’s fucking silkworms and it always will be just like Street of Dreams will always be The Blues) is the My World of the CD era. A complete piece of shit that never should have been recorded or played live. 

i agree its like led zeppelin singing down by the seaside as the only song they put live since bonham died 

to me its like axl tb duff slash are entrenched with mygnr they aren't rock stars anymore ! 

I think it's awesome. Not every song has to be on the level of Estranged or November Rain. It's just a dumb, fun song that isn't meant to be taken seriously. The vibe of it with Slash/Duff playing it makes it sound way better to my ears and I like that it's more metal than electronic. The chorus is growing on me, but I think the "what should I do" was better. Not every song needs to be an artistic masterpiece. It's fun to jam out to.

• Like 4

I said might grow on me because I need to hear a studio version with the current lineup or at the very least slash and duff. I also never heard the leaks prior to last night so I’m still trying to make sense of the lyrics. I knew the song was a thing but only heard maybe a 15 second clip of some leaked demo

I get a buzz around playing new old song. That is GnR world.

But song is all over the place, kind of sound  like everybody is playing different tunes. 

Aldo song is not bad or good I hate idea of playing 30 year old song for the first time with different name and arrangement.

I mean what is next, Axls song from kindergarden but with Slash and Duff and not John and Steve.

I cannot believe that this song was pulled from the watery grave that it rightfully deserved. This song was absolute hot garbage in 2001 and the fact that people are calling a twenty fucking year old song a "new" song shows how absolutely fucked the entire universe surrounding this "band" is and has been for decades.

This is the kind of thing that any band member would be ashamed of if it surfaced, even if they wrote it in high school with some buddies in their mom's basement. Pussy. Full. Of. Maggots. Seriously?! And there's like 4 lines in the whole song?! This is what a band that's raking in hundreds of millions of dollars can come up with?! 

The fact that Axl convinced Slash and Duff to play this song written fully convinces me that Guns N' Roses is still just Axl Rose + Associates. This reunion has not been a new chapter. It's just a continuation of the Chinese Democracy tour. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Yeah, I've always loved the remix version of Silkworms more than the original version.

The original chorus was kinda cringy. I'm not saying that the new version is a lyrical masterpiece either, but I like the simplisctic approach of it.

It reminds me of Prodigy's very simple lyrics and also the energy of the song is very reminiscent of Prodigy.

It's a fun song that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Totally - the original demo is extremely influenced by the Prodigy both musically and vocally. Not a bad thing - but it shows it’s age as the Prodigy were very much at their peak at the turn of the millennium.

I like it, but, to me, it still feels unfinished. Half-baked. Which is ironic, considering how old it is.

But then again I kinda see it as Get in the Ring -type of song by New Gn'R and the original Get in The Ring feels half-baked to me, so... I don't know. I like it and I don't like it. It has potential. Though, I see it as this "fun", tongue-in-cheek -type of song. Mainly because of the lyrics, because you can't take them seriously. And as a result, you can't take the song seriously. But I still like it.

I didn't except this song to be so tough to put my finger on. Absurd!

• Like 1

The more I hear it the more I like it. Think a studio version will sound way better than a camera phone video and I imagine that even if it does get released, it will just be a filler track on an album so cant imagine its meant to be the next Estranged or November Rain. As an early post says, it has a prodigy vibe which was big in the late 90s when it was probably written. People have been moaning about the same old setlist then when they try something it gets panned. I'm sure they have a ton of other stuff in the works that will appeal to everyone.

The fact they even waste time tinkering with crap like Silkworms tells me Axl is creatively busted at this point.

Fussing with and re-arranging songs from 20 years ago that weren't any good in the first place screams "I've got nothing", and it makes me sad to realize that is the reality of GNR at this point.

I know divorce and alimony payments are expensive, but I am highly disappointed in Slash for even considering playing with Silkworms.

Is humoring a soon to be 60 year old man who hasn't created a damn thing in going on almost 2 decades now really something he finds worthwhile and worthy of the bands once proud legacy.

That Axl is so stuck creatively that wasting time on 20 year old crap is seen as a victory by some makes me want to cry realizing how far the guy has fallen from what he was.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I quite like it, but I don't think it's a stadium rocker, is it? Not sure it sounds great in an huge open air stadium. In a dark arena or theatre/club setting, with a great lighting show it would be awesome. Pretty much like most of CD tbh. I don't think they translate well to a big stage.