ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

It’s currently #38 on the worldwide iTunes Charts (peaked at #7) and currently #4 on the iTunes Rock Charts (peaked at #1). Medusa video is almost at a million hits, and the “topic” video (or whatever we call those now) is almost at 200k.

It’s drifting away quickly only 3 days after release. Not that surprising considering it’s quality. Time to bring on the real single! 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Off topic I know, but one of the answers on the Steve Hoffman forum on the Absurd page is someone saying their favourite GnR song is the version of the Garden without Alice Cooper... does that version exist?!

Most likely talking about the demo. That's the only version without Alice that I'm aware of. I think it's the 1986 one.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

Did we ever figure out how many more records they are signed on with Universal? Maybe they’ll just give them the CD leftovers and release their “other” music under their own label

Who knows how many times that contract has been renegotiated 

21 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Did we ever figure out how many more records they are signed on with Universal? Maybe they’ll just give them the CD leftovers and release their “other” music under their own label

I thought the rumor was that he owes the label one more album. 

33 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

On Spotify, the credit reads "© 2021 Guns N' Roses, under exclusive license to Geffen Records". Chinese Democracy has only the "© 2008 Geffen Records". 

6 hours ago, grogmug said:

I sent him a link when it was posted on YouTube, but since it was taken down I don’t know where to find it. Is it possible to buy the December 29, 2001 DVD? I would love to have it. 

OMG sounded good as well, but I remember Axls mic going out a couple of times during the song. Finck launched his guitar into the amplifiers once the song was over and I could see Axl on the side of the stage smashing something too…good times back then!

I sent on your DM the Vegas 00 stuff. About those two shows at the ending of 2001, there's no recording as far we know, unless its a super rare thing that only select traders are sitting on. 

48 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I thought about it when  I heard the first time. I thought that maybe GNR is doin Absurd for Geffen the same way The Rolling Stones did Cocksucker Blues for Decca in the early 70's.

26 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

On Spotify, the credit reads "© 2021 Guns N' Roses, under exclusive license to Geffen Records". Chinese Democracy has only the "© 2008 Geffen Records". 

I sent on your DM the Vegas 00 stuff. About those two shows at the ending of 2001, there's no recording as far we know, unless its a super rare thing that only select traders are sitting on. 

can i recibe that dm too? :)

22 hours ago, Beto 22 said:

The Band logo of course is a huge thing... But in comparision to the name its close to anything... 

There's a lot of bands who updated and/or changed drastically their  logos over the years ...

Axl could easily have chosen a logo closer to the original with NU GUNS, but went to a logo closer to the Chinese concept.

And nobody stopped to buy merch or identify the band because of it.

Please do your research on logos and how important they are to brands, companies, etc.  The use of a visual image is instantly recognized rather than words.  Think of the Rolling Stones or Nirvana. Anyway this is going beyond  what the topic is really about.  

57 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Yes, you’re right. I sent him the the 1-1-01 show. The video for the two Vegas shows at the end of 2001 haven’t  surfaced yet. I know it was recorded though, since they had two separate people filming next to the stage.

Edited by grogmug
  • Like 1

Its funny i feel the people that trashed this song never gave it a fair shake to let it grow on them until it became an official release because it was so different, not that i blame anyone i thought it was trash the first time i heard it as well, but it did grow on me the last couple years and played it regularly and enjoyed it. The official release i really enjoy with the new guitar and more rock feel to it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

Please do your research on logos and how important they are to brands, companies, etc.  The use of a visual image is instantly recognized rather than words.  Think of the Rolling Stones or Nirvana. Anyway this is going beyond  what the topic is really about.  

I've seen that with Gnr from 2000 to 2016, I've seen with Metallica, I've seen with Bon Jovi and Aerosmith who updated their logos. The Rolling Stones logo wasn't even their first

And I agree, there's beyond the topc

4 hours ago, fantomas said:

Oh, their music, at least that on the earlier albums was heavily misogynistic. It's personal choice to be offended or not, but you can't deny the intent was there. It's So Easy, Anything Goes, Rocket Queen, Pretty Tied Up are not exactly love songs.  On the flip side of that, Axl has penned some amazing love songs, so labeling them is a challenge. But there is certainly some anger there.

I'm not denying that they are (or could be seen) as offensive to women, I just personally don't cars 😅

I had Absurd blasting in the car earlier. I'm still unbelievably buzzing that they released something, but the overlapping/chopping before the first 'Screaming fucking banshee' really is disgraceful, how can that slip through and not get sorted?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dean said:

I had Absurd blasting in the car earlier. I'm still unbelievably buzzing that they released something, but the overlapping/chopping before the first 'Screaming fucking banshee' really is disgraceful, how can that slip through and not get sorted?

I've got to assume it's an artistic choice to break up the samey cadence?

2 minutes ago, merryfnchristmas said:

I've got to assume it's an artistic choice to break up the samey cadence?

Perhaps, but it's grand in the last verse, and the song more or less follows the same structure throughout minus the breakdown in the middle of it, so I'm still puzzled as to why that's happened. It sounds as if it's missing a beat as a result, at least to my ears. An odd one!

That's my only gripe with it. That and the lack of Pitman FX.

• GNFNR 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Dean said:

It's there in the 2006 version as well :(

24 minutes ago, Dean said:

I think it was intentional honestly. Either that or it's a really fucking stupid mistake lol. 

Edited by Jw224

14 minutes ago, Dean said:

Perhaps, but it's grand in the last verse, and the song more or less follows the same structure throughout minus the breakdown in the middle of it, so I'm still puzzled as to why that's happened. It sounds as if it's missing a beat as a result, at least to my ears. An odd one!

That's my only gripe with it. That and the lack of Pitman FX.

I like it. Might’ve been intentional. Like a sudden sped up time signature change ala Soundgarden