ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

5 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

That's true... but that doesn't make it a good song automatically.  It's better than I thought, based on the live recordings but it's still a strange choice for a new single.

I just hope that's not the last song they have released for a long time if you know what I mean.

I totally get your point. 

Just to be clear: I have nothing against Stadium rock and actually liked the last couple of AC/DC albums a lot. 

I just expect something different or controversial from Axl/GN'R. Absurd is both different and controversial. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

Riad sounds now like Stairway to heaven to me compared to this. 

Beyond my comprehension that they chose to recycle the worst old song that they had. Surely they must have tens if not hundreds better bits of music hidden in some drawer. 

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Well, it's better than this or this 

Those were fun! Difference is that those were one off live performances, not a studio recording.

21 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Unlike to the live version this is either just Slash on leads or Fortus imitates his playing creepingly good, which wouldn't be good at all, IMO.

I think this is all Slash, all solos and both rhythm guitars. It's his tone and idiosyncrasies.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SilverMachine said:

Maybe Brain is regarded as still being in the band but not in a live capacity - wasn't that what was inferred when Frank took over full time?

Really intrigued as to what the full writing credits are for this.

He’s been backstage at some guns shows, I think even in 2016. And yeah Axl said that before as well.

If I had to guess writing credits it’s probably almost everyone from the NuGuns lineup + Slash, Duff and Melissa. I wouldn’t be surprised if 15 people worked on this

2 minutes ago, SilverMachine said:

Maybe Brain is regarded as still being in the band but not in a live capacity - wasn't that what was inferred when Frank took over full time?

Really intrigued as to what the full writing credits are for this.

Couldn't it be that the old vocal track was laid over the drum mix and since Axl didn't bother re-recording the song, Brain's drums stayed too?

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

I don't really see the need to re-record vocals for songs that already have perfect vocal takes. 

I see the argument that if Axl can't perform the vocals live anymore, then they need to re-record them in a way that he can replicate live. But of course that is not the case with Absurd, so I agree, I see no reason why they couldn't just use 20-year old vocal tracks.

Come on, guys, surely you know that if Axl has to record vocals another decade will pass! :D

Even though they definitely could have chosen better, maybe we’re looking at this choice the wrong way. I mean, it’s not exactly a real single, is it. There’s no video, promotion, nothing, just youtube and Axl saying we can download it. Remember, they’ve already released Shadow of Your Love this way. So I guess that may have been a representation of the old era, and this may be one of the Axl’s NuGuns era. Hopefully, “the new album” will be at least somewhere between. 

• Like 1

Dont have time to listen and nitpick. but since Braib is still on drums, do the rhythm guitars sound like the old members? I know the chorus is definitely Slash on rhythm bc hes doing that descending note thing instesd of power chords

22 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

I think I like this timeline. Axl has gone from releasing nothing to being prepared to put out absolutely anything.

Get ready for that Axl / Shaq duet!

I think I like this timeline. Axl has gone from releasing nothing to being prepared to put out absolutely anything.