Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

17 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Just think about how far we've come...

The leaked snippet in 2006 as Checkmate, the Axl chats in 2008 calling Checkmate a bullshit title with first Jackie Chan mention and going by that title, the extended leak in 2019 followed by the full track leak where we learned it was Hard School, the song appearing on the alt setlist just weeks after, Axl sounchecking the song in Mexico 2020, fast-forwarding to the last week or so with that girl meeting Axl, the Spotify algorithm, the Slash TikTok, the LinkShare going live...it's all led up to today. 

Regardless of what people think of the song, the fact that it was even released at all is incredible. What a victory for us all. 

Agreed, weird but wonderful times we're in, ABSURD even. 

Edited by MrMojo

I manged to avoid the leak and only knew the song from listening to Aein's cover on youtube...which will now become a distant memory.  I absolutely love this.  It rocks, it's got an irresistible chorus, loads of guitars, and an intriguingly mellow middle eight/breakdown.  I don't really care how we got to this point: we're here.  And that's all that matters.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Brought in songs that others worked on. Anything Goes is an example.

On Illusions, they all wrote songs that other band members came in and recorded on or added elements to. It isn’t like this band is known for all sitting together as a group and creating.

Anything Goes was at least and Axl and Izzy song..... Not songs written by NuGnR.. And they recorded them over from scratch... They didn't copy and paste together tracks from 3 different decades lol.  It is a sad that after almost 6 years that is the only way they can come up with "new" songs

• Like 1

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

Glad the nitpickers are already out in force for a song not even officially released for most of the world. 

Wouldn’t want too much positivity :facepalm:

I think the feedback has been like 95% positive. You can't make everybody happy.

Most of us agree that this really rocks.

Oh, and it is released. It's Five Twelve o' clock somewhere

• Like 1

Yea, this isn't that good.  The best part of this song is the somewhat catchy chorus and it's been compromised by layered vocals and overproduction.  Also, there's way too long of an instrumental lull after the second chorus, which kills whatever momentum the song might have had.  Granted, I've only listened to it once and am confident it will get better upon repeated listens (which I will inevitably engage in because I'm a diehard fan)- which is more of a chance than most casual listeners will give it.  Yup, it's better than 'Absurd,' but that isn't saying much.  I REALLY hope these are just stand alone downloads meant  as something fun for the fans and  A) aren't indicative of the best that they have in the vault and B) won't be included on any future releases.