1. AC/DC 2024 tour rumours 1 2 3 4 9

2. AC/DC Hired Gun LPs

3. The future of AC/DC

4. Live at Wrigley Field, 2015

• you're not taking into consideration a lot of factors: the new material Gn'R could come up with, the exact number of unreleased Chinese tunes be it instrumentals or with vocals remains unknown to us, what Axl has managed to come up with since the time he gave that interview about the 26 songs completed and 32 overal. that was a long time ago. don't know why you think it would be likely a collection of the NITL singles and other songs, but I guess it's possible. I'm talking more about a proper, final musical statement. does Axl thinks a full album is the way to go? or what if he'll want to release just one brand new single at a time that came from a Slash riff for example? there are too many factors that we have no idea about, but it did seemed in the China Exchange interview that Axl was still in his Chinese phase, still not being done with releasing what you can call extra Chinese tracks, but after that, anything is (still) possible. nothing is stopping Axl from taking 5 years to construct another musical statement and now he has all he needs to make it happen cause Slash and Duff are back in the band and there's no pressure to do anything. the only way it could work imo.  
    • I think it's his last 'statement' as a completely original, new release. Of course they could release an album in the future, but it would likely be a collection of the NITL singles and other songs. I wouldn't be surprised by a single every few years but that's obviously not the same kind of 'statement' as an album. If we're going by what Axl has said, he had 26 songs that were almost done near the end of the CD sessions. Let's be generous and assume Shackler's and TIL weren't included at that time - we've still heard at least half of CD2. That's not a bad indicator.
    • first of all, I'm not holding my breath either. I did say that if it would happen, it would happen years from now. that is my guess anyway. second: how do you know that Chinese Democracy was Axl's final statement? you don't, cause Gn'R is not over yet plus what Axl has in his hard drives probably dates back to the 90's and combined with whatever got done during the Chinese years, a 'glimpse' is the right word to describe what we got. it's not a reliable indicator when it comes to how much material the current lineup has to work with or in what quality. we know very little, that's an important fact to remember.
    • think it means to work at something until you achieve the desired goal & it was directed at slash. It goes in line w Axl’s later comments saying slash didn’t wanna “work that hard” hes basically saying that thx to slash being lazy and unwilling to work here we are
    • CD was his final musical 'statement' and it was a good one. The leftovers/singles are only a glimpse into the vault, but they're not promising, and it doesn't seem like there's any real effort to go out with a final album. There's gems in the vault of course, but we've only heard them from leaks - Monsters and Going Down. SOG had potential. I'd like to hear anything that Axl has recorded, but I'm definitely not holding my breath.
  • Topics

• Recent Status Updates